Monday, January 28, 2013

Focus on His Presence

Matthew 28:20; Psalm 139:1-4

“When My Presence is the focal point of your consciousness, all the pieces of your life fall into place.  As you gaze at Me through the eyes of your heart, you can see the world around you from My perspective.  The fact that I am with you makes every moment of your life meaningful.” Jesus Calling – Sarah Young.

“…and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20 NASB

“O Lord, You have searched me and known me.  You know when I sit down, and when I rise up; you understand my thought from afar.  You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways.  Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O Lord, you know it all.”  Psalm 139:1-4 NASB

It is incredible to me to know that the some of the last words our Savior spoke were “I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”  That just shows me that amount of love that our Savior has for each and every one of us. 

When you are focusing everything you do around the thought of would this glorify God, there are going to be times when everything seems to be working; there are also going to be times when even when you are focused 100% on the presence of God that things are going to go wrong.  Following Jesus is not an easy thing, nor is following Jesus the cure all for having problems.  But when you try to focus your every thought around the presence of God and glorifying Him through everything that you do, you are going to have an impact on your life and the lives of the people around you. 

But even when we fail to focus our lives on God, our Savior still loves us.  He is still our Savior and He gives us the opportunity to redeem ourselves by trying to do better.  This isn’t a one time shot, take it or leave it.  Our faith is an opportunity to show growth through trials and triumphs.  Our faith is an opportunity to show others how important the message of our Savior is to others. Our Savior knows every move that we are going to make. He knows when we are going to make the right decisions and He knows when we are going to make the wrong decisions; and He still loves us the exact same. 

Try to live your day to day where you focus on glorifying God in everything that you do, but remember that we are going to fall short of the glory of God; but that isn’t going to change the way that our Savior looks at us nor does it change the love that He has for us.  Love God: Love Men

No comments:

Post a Comment