Thursday, January 17, 2013

Win the Day!

Psalm 118:24; Philippians 4:19, 6-7

“Come to me with a thankful heart, so that you can enjoy my Presence.  This is the day that I have made.  I want you to rejoice today, refusing to worry about tomorrow.”  Jesus Calling- Sarah Young

I had a coach when I was in high school that his motto was “win the day”.  Whether that be in practice, in class, at games, wherever…it was always “win the day”.  That little saying did very little to actually change the way that I played or practiced (I like to think that I was “winning the day” regardless of if he said it or not) but now I see that saying in a different meaning.  Sports are my thing; I like to play them, I like to watch them, I like to talk about them, and I some times feel they can illustrate a point better than my words can so bear with me as I try to bring this all back together.  Psalm 118:24 “This is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.” NASB God wants us to rejoice in the day that He has made for us.  He doesn’t want us to bogged down by the worries of the next day, he doesn’t want us to worry about the things that happened yesterday; no, our God wants us to rejoice in this day, the day that He has made.  This may be a little bit of a stretch, but I believe God wants us to “win the day”.  You cannot go back and change the mistakes of yesterday or live in the successes of yesterday, you cannot go forward and fix the problems that the next day might bring; but you can “win the day”.  What does “winning the day” look like?  How do we “win the day”, when it seems like the odds are so stacked against us?  Philippians 4:6-7 “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”  NASB God just drew up the game winning alley-hoop, God just drew up the game winning Hail-Mary pass.  God just put away match point.  “By prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehensions, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”  Sounds like a pretty awesome game plan.  Sounds like a pretty sure fire way to “win the day”. And when you does those things, when you bring your requests before the Lord with thanksgiving, he is going to supply all the needs that you have to “win the day”.  “And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”  So not only did God draw up the ultimate play to win the game, He also brought the star player to complete the play with you.  WIN THE DAY!  LOVE GOD: LOVE MEN                                                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment