Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lean Not on Your Own Understanding

Psalm 52:8; Proverbs 3:5-6

“But as for me, I am like a green olive tress in the house of God; I trust in the lovingkindness of God forever and ever.” Psalm 52:8

“Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and do not lean on your lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6

“Trust is like a staff you can lean on, as you journey uphill with Me.  If you are trusting in Me consistently, the staff will bear as much of your weight as needed.  Lean on, trust, and be confident in Me with all your heart and mind.” Jesus Calling ~ Sarah Young

Trust is a weird thing; we can give it out sometimes without even thinking about it to people we hardly know.  We pass it out to strangers without ever needing to receive it back.  But we often find it difficult to trust in the Lord of all the earth who created everything in our world.  Why is it difficult to trust in God?  Is it because we can’t see Him?  Is it because we can’t physically touch Him?  Is it because we aren’t really sure how or where this trust is going to lead us?  Is it because we are too prideful?  Personally, I don’t like to ask for help, in anything.  Now, I’m not one of those guys who will drive around lost for hours before asking for directions, but I am one of those guys who does not like to admit when I struggle with things.  I don’t like to admit when I don’t have it all together.  I don’t like to admit that I don’t have all the answers.  I don’t always like to ask for help, because I am not always sure that I want to hear the answer that is going to be provided. 

When asking God to work in your life whether it be by asking for Him to show you His path for you, or asking Him to walk beside you during dark times, or whatever else it might be that you ask God for; sometimes those answers aren’t always what we want to see, hear, or do.  God sometimes uses us in places that we are uncomfortable being used in.  When we ask God for what He wants us to do, He is going to tell us; and when he does tell us, we have to be willing to do what is asked.  I often find myself asking, “God what do you want me to do, what is your plan for me?” and before there is even time for answer, I think I know what God wants me to do.  Sometimes, I might have the same idea, but for the most part just asking God for his plan isn’t enough trust.  The trusting part comes from when God answers and you follow.  “Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”  Proverbs 3:5-6  NASB  Notice it doesn’t just say, do trust your own understanding, but acknowledge Him.  Acknowledge what is being done around you, acknowledge what God is saying, acknowledge where God is leading you.  Because if you ask God, He is going to lead you.  Trust that His plan is way better than yours.  Love God: Love Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment